During the winter I love eating soups. They are so simple to make and the benefits of eating them are numerous in terms of tastes and health. And they are gluten and dairy free of course.
The chicken broth is quite long to cook but it enables me to use the chicken carcass that would otherwise be thrown away.
1 left over chicken
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
4 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 little piece of ginger finely chopped
1 teaspoon of curcuma
2 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
1 bunch parsley
1. Fill up a large saucepan with water.
2. Add vinegar and all vegetables except parsley to the water.
3. Place the chicken carcass into the pot.
4. Bring to a boil, and remove any scum that rises to the top.
5. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and let simmer for 10 hours
6. Add the chopped garlic, the chopped ginger, pepper and salt.
7. Add the fresh parsley and the curcuma about 10 minutes before finishing the stock.
8. Remove remaining bones from the broth with a slotted spoon and strain the rest through a strainer to remove any bone fragments.